Liverpool transfer news LIVE: Follow below for all the latest news
Coutinho could lose out on deal
17.00: Barcelona won’t want Philippe Coutinho if he acts unprofessionally this season.
Liverpool have rejected the two bids for Coutinho so far but are expected to receive a third in excess of £100m.
Jurgen Klopp has said he has no price at this stage of the summer and Steve McManaman thinks the Brazil ace could lose out on a transfer if he acts the wrong way.
“If he has a bad year, why would Barcelona take him next year if he has a really bad year and behaves unprofessionally?” McManaman said on BT Sport.
“They just had a player (Neymar) leave the club who behaved unprofessionally, they don’t want anything to do with that Barcelona. They feel as if they are above that.
“If Coutinho doesn’t do the business this year, their targets will move to somebody else.
“Also, we wouldn’t be talking about this only because of the bombshell of Neymar happening. If Neymar stays there, he’s not leaving Liverpool, they wouldn’t want him.
“(Borussia) Dortmund have said no to (Ousmane) Dembele for a fortune, Liverpool have said no because it’s in nobody’s interests.
“The only people who can win out of this of course would be Barcelona because they’re getting a player.”
Liverpool fans go into meltdown as Philippe Coutinho wants to leave
Fri, August 11, 2017
Philippe Coutinho wants to leave Liverpool and fans have gone into meltdown on Twitter
Play slideshow 1 of 10
Van Dijk transfer back on?
16.45: Liverpool should still sign Virgil van Dijk this summer, says Shay Given
Liverpool struggled from set pieces again yesterday and looked poor at the back.
And Given thinks that could see them go back in for Van Dijk despite the botched move earlier in the summer.
“That’s sort of gone on over the whole summer that transfer,” Given said on Sky sports.
“It should go through, I don’t know sitting here obviously today but I think he’s desperate to go to Liverpool.
“You can see by yesterday’s defending that he’d be the perfect fit to go into that defence and head some of the balls clear and marshal them.
“He’s a fantastic centre-half.”
Jurgen Klopp needs reinforcements before the transfer window closes
Barca back in for Coutinho
16.30: Barcelona are set to return with an offer in excess of £100m for Philippe Coutinho, Express Sport understands.
Liverpool have rejected two bids for Coutinho, who submitted a transfer request on Friday.
FSG, the Liverpool owners, insist the playmaker is not for sale.
But they will come under more pressure if Barcelona submit another bid.
And Express Sport understand one is forthcoming and it will surpass the £100m mark after their £90m offer was turned down lsat week.