Battlegrounds introduces the test servers alongside new jumping and vaulting mechanics
PUBG developer Bluehole has introduced some major new features on the test servers.
Jumping and vaulting are finally in the process of being tested on the experimental servers.
The new features are being tested until 2am UK time on the morning of November 15, so there's not long to try them out.
Bluehole is also experimenting with improved vehicle handling, weapon balancing and server optimisation.
The latest changes should be ready for the full PC launch before the end of the year.
What's less clear is whether they'll be ready for the Xbox One release date on December 12.
You can check out the full list of PUBG changes below…
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds screenshot gallery
Mon, May 1, 2017
PLAYER Unknown's Battlegrounds is a massively multiplayer survival game in which players compete to be the last person standing.
1 of 11
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimized terrain data to reduce memory usage
- Reduced the lag issue when terrain is loading
- Reduced the lag issue when multiple players are in sight
- Optimized server performance by adjusting network throughout
- Added vaulting & climbing action
- Vehicle driving balance is modified
* We are adjusting driving sounds to be more realistic. Sources of vehicle sounds will be improved.
- Vehicle driving is adjusted to be more realistic
*This is an early stage of balancing. We need your feedback to improve driving.
- Improved the vehicle and passenger animations
- Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4
- Improved the backpack capacity UI in the inventory screen
- Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
- Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
- Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle’s brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
- Hit areas have been modified
– Neck is now protected by the helmet
– Damage to the chest area is increased
- Base damage is now modified by weapon class
– The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
– Base damage stat of the weapon
– Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
– Hit area damage multiplier
– Weapon class multiplier
- Fixed the excessive aim-punch while leaning in ADS mode
- Removed the blurring effect of the weapon and objects close to camera that appeared in non-ADS mode