Rafael Nadal is trying to sue over doping claims
Bachelot, the former minister for health and sport, said Nadal’s knee injury in 2012 – where he spent seven months on the sidelines – was a cover for a failed drug test.
Nadal has taken her to court in a bid to win £90,000 in damages.
He hasn’t spoken about the claims since but revealed last year why he’s taken Bachelot to court.
On being accused of doping, Nadal said: “I am tired about these things. I let it go a few times in the past. No more.”
Rafael Nadal says he is tired of hearing doping allegations
Rafael Nadal waves goodbye to crowd after pulling out of ATP World Tour Finals
Tue, November 14, 2017
Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the ATP World Tour Finals due to an ongoing knee injury, and the Spaniard was emotional waving goodbye to the crowd last night
1 of 10
Rafael Nadal looked emotional as he waved goodbye at the ATP World Tour Finals
Nadal said he expected better of a person who was “minister of a big country and a great country like France”.
And he added: “If somebody like her, who should be serious, can say this stupid stuff then now is the moment to say, ‘OK, from now everybody who is going to speak of this kind of stuff with no proof then I’m going to do the same and take legal action against that person.’
“In the past I didn’t want to go for justice, to sue the people who said these things because I didn’t think they were serious, but a minister of France should be serious.
“So this is the time to go against her, we’re going to sue her, and from this day on I tell you that everyone who has another comment in this way, it’s going to happen the same.”