| USA TODAY
The 2018 Wintry weather Olympics are on in complete pressure, so we are right here to get you able for a brand new day of motion – and catch you up on what you neglected.
Medals you neglected
Skiing: American skiing phenom Chloe Kim lived up to the hype, capturing gold in the women’s halfpipe. Kim, 17, scored a 93.75 on her first run, after which put down a rating of 98.25 on her 3rd run in spite of already having the competition sewn up. The victory was once a coronation of sorts for Kim, who if truth be told certified for Sochi in 2014 however was once too younger to head. Take into account that: Kim earned her ice cream.
However Kim wasn’t the one American to depart the snowboard halfpipe tournament with a medal.
In spite of a dislocated will have to, an harm that averted her from competing in qualifying on the Sochi Video games, Arielle Gold battled through to claim bronze.
2018 Wintry weather Olympics medal depend: How is Team USA faring in Pyeongchang?
Alpine snowboarding: Marcel Hirscher of Austria took gold within the males’s alpine mixed slalom with a time of two:06.52. Hirscher was once adopted by means of two Frenchmen, Alexis Pinturault with silver at 2:06.75 and Victor Muffat-Jeandet with bronze in 2:07.54.
Males’s 1500 pace skating: The U.S. neglected out at the podium once more in pace skating as Kjeld Nuis (Netherlands) gained gold, adopted by means of Patrick Roest (Netherlands) and Min-Seok Kim (South Korea).
Combined doubles curling: Canada gained the gold medal fit 10-Three over the Swiss. The Olympic Athletes from Russia earned bronze with an Eight-Four victory over Norway.
Girls’s 500 quick observe: Arianna Fontana of Italy gained gold, Yara Van Kerkhof (Netherlands) took house silver and Kim Boutin of Canada gained bronze.
Girls’s singles luge: Germany took the highest two spots at the podium with Natalie Geisenberger successful her 2nd consecutive Olympic gold medal and Dajana Eitberger grabbing the silver. Alex Gough of Canada earned the bronze medal.
Males’s cross-country particular person dash: Johannes Hoesflot of Norway gained gold, Federico Pellegrino (Italy) took silver and Alexander Bolshunov gained bronze as an Olympic Athlete from Russia.
Girls’s cross-country particular person dash: Stina Nilsson of Sweden took house the gold, adopted by means of Maiken Caspersen Falla (Norway) and Yulia Belorukova (Olympic Athlete from Russia)
Tales you neglected
– Shaun White soared within the exciting halfpipe pageant … and it was only qualifying.
– The U.S. ladies’s hockey workforce got here away with a convincing 5-0 win towards the Olympic Athletes from Russia.
– Adam Rippon is overwhelmed by all the support he has received whilst on the Olympics.
– The U.S. ladies’s hockey workforce, previous knowledgeable that the Statue of Liberty symbol on two goalies’ mask was being reviewed to determine if it was in violation of the IOC’s ban of political symbols on mask, was once notified that the IOC will allow the image to stand. Sooner than the general determination was once reached, our personal Dan Wolken wrote that if the Statue of Liberty violates the IOC coverage, the Games might as well just scrap the anthems and flags.
– An estimated 98% of the snow at the Jeongseon Alpine Center is fake.
– There are not any NHL avid gamers within the males’s hockey match, but NHL talent abounds.
– American luger Emily Sweeney spun out of keep an eye on and tumbled down the observe all the way through her fourth run, however was once in a position to stroll away with none damaged bones.
– With the gold medal already locked down after her first run, Chloe Kim scored even higher on her victory run. To not be outshadowed by means of Kim’s dominance, Arielle Gold took the bronze medal with a dislocated shoulder.
– He knew his competition would be difficult, however Shaun White made his Pyeongchang debut understanding he nonetheless had some tips up his sleeve. He did not disappoint.
– NBC parted tactics with an analyst after Korea-Japan feedback drew some major backlash.
– Extra cowbell on the Wintry weather Olympics? It’s a delight and a concern for local fans.
– Determine skaters Chris Kneirim and Alexa Scimeca Knierim will celebrate Valentine’s Day by competing.
– How a Wintry weather Olympic speedskater changed directions and became a nun.
– Why are Olympic medalists getting stuffed animals?
– Skeleton riders keep it light with crazy nicknames.
– Tears roll as USA’s Maame Biney deals with disappointing loss in 500 meters.
– Shani Davis refused to answer questions on his debatable flag-bearer tweet.